As we age, it’s important to stay social and active to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Seniors have many options to stay connected with the world and engage in activities that will keep them active both mentally and physically. From joining a retirement community or senior center to participating in volunteer activities, there are plenty of opportunities to stay engaged and enjoy life. Here are 10 ways seniors can stay social and active.
1. Join a senior center or retirement community
2. Take up a hobby or join a club
3. Visit friends and family often
4. Attend classes or workshops at a local college or community center
5. Exercise regularly
6. Go on group outings or vacations
7. Participate in volunteer activities
8. Use technology to stay connected with friends and family
9. Attend church, synagogue, or other religious services
10. Join a bridge or other card game group
Staying social and active is an important part of life, no matter what age you are. Seniors have many avenues to explore that will open up new opportunities and friendships and help them maintain their physical and mental health. For more ideas and information, be sure to check out your local community centre and seniors association.